EVENTS & PROGRAMS INTERN
The East Turkistan National Awakening Movement (ETNAM) is seeking an intern to help with organizing ETNAM’s major events and fundraisers. The Events & Programs intern will have the opportunity to create and contribute to many different projects.
- Assist in planning and carrying out of events
- Research and coordination with event venue
- Procure and organize supplies for event
- Recruit and manage event day volunteer crew
- Social media maintenance and event-related outreach
- Assist with web content
- Brainstorm new event and fundraising opportunities
- Strong interest and passion for human rights, activism, and grassroots organizing
- Strong organizational, budget management, and project management skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Can pitch and execute creative new ideas
- Flexibility to work evenings or weekends
- Experience organizing in the Washington DC area is highly recommended
Applicants are expected to commit a minimum of 10 hours per week within a 10 to 12-week period.
This internship is unpaid, but we are happy to work with you to help you receive class credit.
Travel expenses (metro, uber, etc) will be compensated or reimbursed.
This internship will provide you the opportunity for skill development and work experience in the nonprofit sector; references will be given upon successful completion of the internship; unique learning experience in one of the most effective grassroots organizations in the field of human rights & political activism.