POLITICAL & HUMAN RIGHTS INTERN
ETNAM is seeking an intern to help engage in political and human rights advocacy. The Political & Human Rights intern will have the opportunity to interact with the US Government, Congress, think tanks, and civil society while advocating on behalf of East Turkistan.
- Assist in planning and scheduling meetings
- Attend briefings, meetings, and other relevant events when necessary
- Assist in outreach to Congressional offices, think tanks, relevant human rights and political organizations, universities, and civil society.
- Assist in writing reports and political and human rights related content
- Other duties as assigned
Applicant should be an undergraduate or graduate student majoring in political science, public policy, government, communications, or other related fields.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with clear attention to detail.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong interest interest in politics and human rights
- Experience with advocacy preferred
Applicants are expected to commit a minimum of 10 hours per week within a 10 to 12-week period.
This internship is unpaid, but we are happy to work with you to help you receive class credit.
Travel expenses (metro, uber, etc) will be compensated or reimbursed.
This internship will provide you the opportunity for skill development and work experience in the nonprofit sector; references will be given upon successful completion of the internship; unique learning experience in one of the most effective grassroots organizations in the field of human rights & political activism.