MEDIA & COMMUNICATIONS INTERN
The East Turkistan National Awakening Movement (ETNAM) is looking for a creative and proactive intern to support ETNAM’s communications and social media strategy and mobilize people to take action for East Turkistan.
- Draft social media content
- Draft statements, press releases, and other documents
- Contribute to creative outreach, including videos, infographics, newsletter, etc.
- Research social network trends and strategies
- Assist with website upkeep
- Strong interest and passion for human rights, activism, and grassroots organizing
- Strong verbal/written skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Can pitch and execute creative new ideas
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Docs
- Experience with photoshop/illustrator is a plus
Applicants are expected to commit a minimum of 10 hours per week within a 10 to 12-week period.
This internship is unpaid, but we are happy to work with you to help you receive class credit.
Travel expenses (metro, uber, etc) will be compensated or reimbursed.
This internship will provide you the opportunity for skill development and work experience in the nonprofit sector; references will be given upon successful completion of the internship; unique learning experience in one of the most effective grassroots organizations in the field of human rights & political activism.