The ET National Awakening Movement accepts applications from individuals currently enrolled in undergraduate or graduate programs for full-time or part-time internships. The internship is a unique opportunity for students to work gain experience in the day-to-day operations of a non-government organization (NGO), and to work in coordination with ETNAM on a variety of issues and special projects. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Interviews and offers are generally made in August, December, and April of each year, to correspond to the Fall, Spring, and Summer university sessions.
Intern responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Attending think tank events and Congressional hearings relevant to Eastern Turkistan & the Uyghurs
- Writing analytical summary reports about panel discussions, legislation, and publications
- Assisting with planning and coordinating KRG delegation visits to the U.S.
- Assist with planning ETNAM events
- Creating content for the official website and social media sites
- Overseeing the reception desk and providing administrative support to all members of the ETNAM office.
- Completing special projects as needed, including independent research on topics relevant to Eastern Turkistan.
- Should be currently enrolled in a BA or MA program
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong organizational skills (detail-oriented and ability to multi-task)
- Strong research skills
- Strong computer skills (specifically Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Ability to work independently and with others
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and one writing sample (2-3 pages maximum) to firstname.lastname@example.org If you are NOT a U.S. citizen or resident, please explain your visa status. Please write “ETNAM Internship” in the subject heading of the email.
*Please note that our internships are unpaid, however we will give a stipend for Metro Transportation costs.