AMPLIFYING THE TRUTH ABOUT EAST TURKISTAN
We work in solidarity with the East Turkistani people in their struggle to restore their freedom and independence. We are a network of activists around the world. Through education, grassroots organizing, and nonviolent direct action, we campaign for East Turkistanis fundamental right to political freedom.
WHO WE ARE
The East Turkistan National Awakening Movement (ETNAM) was founded in Washington, DC in June 2017 in Washington, DC by a group of East Turkistani students and supporters. Our goal is to awaken the world to the truth about East Turkistan and work together with friends and supporters to restore East Turkistan’s independence.
ABOUT EAST TURKISTAN
Located in the heart of Asia, East Turkistan, is a vast territory that stretches over 1,828,418 sq. km. With an ancient history, East Turkistan has been home to the Uyghur nation and other Turkic peoples for over 6000 years. In December 1949, East Turkistan was occupied by the People’s Republic of China and renamed to “Xinjiang (New Territory).”
There are numerous pressing issues which underline the brutal situation that the people of East Turkistan are facing. Among them are the key issues of National Independence, Concentration Camps & Genocide, and Women’s Rights. ETNAM is fully committed to highlighting these issues in private and public in order to bring about a swift end to China’s occupation and oppression in our Homeland.
Petition to the UN: Hold China Accountable for its Violation of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights
Press Release: Anti-CCP Coalition to Hold Press Conference on the CCP’s Threat to Human Rights & Rule of Law
MEDIA ADVISORY DATA DUMP: ETNAM TO RELEASE 209 SUSPECTED SECRET CHINESE PRISON COORDINATES WEDNESDAY 11/20
- PROTEST ADB’s $150 Million Loan to China’s Colonial Projects – Jan 10, 2019 January 3, 2020
- New Years Greeting from ETNAM December 31, 2019
- NY Times: Half a Million Uyghur Children Separated From Their Families December 30, 2019
- Hong Kong Police clash with Protestors supporting Uyghurs December 23, 2019
- Uyghurs Thank the People of Hong Kong for their support December 23, 2019
- Petition to the UN: Hold China Accountable for its Violation of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights December 10, 2019