We are the Voice of East Turkistan and Its People
The East Turkistan National Awakening Movement (ETNAM) is a nonviolent international political and human rights organization that seeks to restore the independence of East Turkistan in order to safeguard the freedoms and human rights of East Turkistan’s people. We promote and protect their fundamental rights and freedoms, and we strive to uphold the national interests of the Uyghur nation, and all other peoples of East Turkistan (Uyghurs, Kazakhs, Kyrgyz, Uzbeks, Tatars, & others), both within East Turkistan and abroad. Democracy, Human Rights, and Independence for East Turkistan and its people are our objectives, and our main goal is to establish unity, democratic values, and compassion among our people, so that we can restore our Republic of East Turkistan in accordance with international laws.
The East Turkistan National Awakening Movement, Inc. (“ETNAM”), is a DC nonprofit corporation. Its E.I. Number is 83-0890186. The U.S. Internal Revenue Service has ruled that ETNAM is a tax-exempt organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986. Charitable donations to ETNAM are tax-deductible to donors to the extent permitted under section 170 of the Code.
East Turkistan and its people prospering through unity, freedom and independence
Restoring East Turkistan’s independence in order to safeguard the freedoms, human rights, and very existence of East Turkistan’s people
- Nonviolently strive to end China’s prolonged campaign of colonization, genocide, and occupation and restore our independent state of East Turkistan.
- Active strive to preserve our culture, language, religion, and history by utilizing all available opportunities and resources
- Actively cooperate with all states (governments), organizations, and individuals who wish to help free our nation from Chinese oppression and occupation.
- Actively strive to instill human rights, democracy religious freedom and patriotism within our nation.
- Actively strive to create compassion, justice, and unity among our nation and work together to stand up against Chinese oppression.
- Without having our Independence, we cannot truly have human rights!
- Without our freedom, there cannot be any justice
- Prioritize the survival and overall interest of our nation (National Interest)
- Position our youth as the vanguard of our nation
- Promote and protect national unity and integrity by giving up all distinctions based on religion, regionalism or status
- Uphold and promote democracy, education, human rights, and religious freedom
- Uphold, promote, and respect our culture
- Encourage patriotism in all fields
Secretary & Advocacy Director
TREASURER & COMMUNITY RELATIONS DIRECTOR